Saturday, October 3, 2009

Jesus knows

John 2: 23- 25 - Many believed in His name when they saw the signs He was doing but Jesus did not entrust Himself to them...because He knew what was in man.

Jesus knows the heart of man. He does not need anyone to bear witness about man to Him, He already knows. He knows the 'why' of those who say they believe in Him. Here it was because of the signs, the miracles, the great things He had done for the people of His day. He knew the motives and intentions of their hearts. Some followed Him around to see what He would do next, to see what He would do for them. Some followed Him because they wanted to 'know Him'.

Jesus knows the motives and intentions of my heart. He knows 'why' I do things, 'why' I believe, 'why' I read and study His Word. He knows when I do things for personal gain, for influence or for sheer joy of knowing Him, loving Him. How often my motives are wrong. How often then does He not entrust Himself to me.

I know I often get into His Word intellectually- looking for what I can teach as my motive, rather than devotionally- looking for what He can teach me. I thank Him that in spite of my reasons for getting into the Word- He does teach me. He does rebuke, reprove, correct and discipline me. He does encourage, give fresh insight and feed by hungry soul.

I confess that I sometimes want recognition, acceptance and attention but I pray that God will squelch that, put it to death, so only His glory is evident and "O, to the praise of Your glorious grace! May the crowds marvel when they see the mute speak, the crippled restored, the lame walk, the blind see- all this physically and more so spiritually!

Blind eyes opened to the truth of His Word. Deaf ears opened to 'hear' and follow as He calls them by name. Emotionally broken, wounded, and crippled be restored so that all who see will marvel at God's grace and glorify Him alone!

Yes, Jesus knows the desires of my heart, the longings of my soul- to know Him! For others to 'know' Him! For people to give Him all the glory for all He does!

No comments:

Post a Comment