Thursday, October 22, 2009

A Petition God will always answer

While thinking on the last blog, of praying 'in the Spirit', and continuing to read Ephisians 6: 19, where Paul is asking the believers to pray for him also, 'that words may be given to me in opening my mouth boldly to proclaim the mystery of the gospel...', I am convinced that we too need to pray this for one another. How often do we feel we are bold in proclaiming the good news of Jesus Christ to people around us? I would say not often enough. At least I know I can say that for myself.

Praying this prayer is deffinitely something that is 'according to the will of God' for us.

Do you know what the mystery of the gospel is? Maybe that death brings life! Christ's death on our behalf wherein He gives us life. Christ died bearing our sin so that we might be the righteousness of God in Him. Yes, that was Paul's message- the substitutionary atonement of Christ.

His boldness in proclaiming this message had him bound in chains. Yet rather than complain he asks the believers to pray for him to have of all things more boldness. Paul saw himself as an ambassador for Christ. He represented Jesus Christ to all he met, proclaiming the gospel of Christ to all, knowing that God would save some. Paul believed it was his duty to proclaim Christ, 'that I may declare it boldly, as I ought to speak.'

Lord, will you please help us to declare with boldness to those we meet the truth about who You are, what You came to do, why You came to do it. Help us to understand that we are Your ambassadors for our generation, our neighborhood and maybe even our family. Help us to 'open our mouths boldly'.

for the praise of Your glorious grace,
Norma

No comments:

Post a Comment